Thursday, February 12, 2009

Word for the day: DOLDRUMS

dol⋅drums - [dohl-druhmz, dol-, dawl-] (according to Dictionary.com)
–noun (used with a plural verb)

1. a state of inactivity or stagnation, as in business or art

2. the doldrums

a. a belt of calms and light baffling winds north of the equator between the northern and southern trade winds in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
b. the weather prevailing in this area.

3. a dull, listless, depressed mood; low spirits.

I was reading my horoscope this morning when May joined me and read her horoscope too. She was reading it loud and then she came across the word DOLDRUMS. Her horoscope says she would help someone out from the doldrums, I wonder if that someone is me...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP